Friday, March 20, 2009

New Travel Gear!

I finally purchased an Amazon Kindle, and I am not disappointed. I've mentioned before that one of my biggest packing anxieties is what I call the "I can't decide what to bring to read!" anxiety. No more! I've only had my Kindle a few days, and it's already helped me trim my daily carry bag down significantly. I've switched my newspaper (the NY Times) to Kindle, as well as a few magazine subscriptions. I've also loaded several public domain (i.e. free) books.

What I think will be most useful is the ability to purchase and download travel guides - no more lugging around those sometimes giant volumes. And if you can't decide which one to bring, get a couple different ones; they'll fit!

I've already had some friends question whether I really want to take an electronic book reader on a dive trip, thinking it might get wet. The simple solution? A one-gallon Ziploc bag. Of course I won't be heading underwater with it, but if I'm sitting by a pool someplace and worried it might get splashed, the bag will do the trick nicely.

As I use the Kindle more, I'll post some of the e-books I've found that might be good for travelers.

No comments:

Post a Comment